When we go to God in prayer about our personal situations day in and day out. Does God really hear us or not? Are we really praying scripturally or are we just simply begging God. The prayer of faith gets results, while begging does not. Begging starts a cycle of wasted time and energy without a heavenly response. Let us get back to having purposeful and powerful times of prayer, not just a bunch of hot air.

Turn to Philipians 4:6 that says, 'Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.'  We read that going to God and making requests is good, but praying repetitively from our own understanding is begging God. There is no faith in this kind of praying. God is moved by faith and not by needs. In Matthew 6:6 Jesus says, "..... for your Father knoweth what things you have need of, before you ask Him." God already knows what is going on in your life. Telling Him how bad everything is and that if He does not do something soon, you are not going to make it - will not work. You are releasing your faith in the problem and not in the answer. So how are we supposed to approach God? Hebrews 4:16 says, 'Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.'     Come boldly to the Lord. God is your Father. He hears you. He will help, and the help you need, will be right on time. How do you know? Because His Word is truth. So believe and trust His Word. Any other approach does not qualify.

Praying is not reciting a rote prayer on your way out the door. There is a time in prayer, with your bible open, when you are seeking out scriptures that cover your situation. Now you are praying specific words with a specific purpose; moving out of the mental, emotional realm into the spiritual realm. Isaiah 55:11 says, 'So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.'  There are no other words more powerful to say than God's Word over your circumstances. Natural circumstances must conform to the Word of God. Mark 11:24 [amp.] Jesus says, "For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it]."  Your faith is now taking the desired outcome of your prayer and bringing it into manifestation. Faith-filled prayer is the key to getting results. You can not beg and believe at the same time. Either you believe in what you see, feel and think; or you believe in God and His Word. 'All things are possible to them that believe.' (Mark 9:23).

Lastly we receive prayer results with thanksgiving. First Corinthians 15:57 says, ' But thanks be to God, which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.'  Thank God for His help, His wisdom and His strength. Keep yourself in this place of thanksgiving and victory. Then God-given directions, opportunities and answers will become revealed to you. Keep some things you are praying about between you and God. There is a lot of free advice, especially from the negative view point.

How do we know God has heard our prayer? Philippians 4:7 says, 'And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.'  This a knowing on the inside that God has heard our prayer and the answer is on the way. This kind of prayer blesses our Father God, us and others.

Cast off the island of begging and dock safely on the shore of answered prayer.

Comments

Jody Hsiao
10/17/2012 07:15

Thank you so much to the author..
God answer my questions through your post.
God bless!

Kings and Priests
10/17/2012 11:19

Praise the Lord!
Thanks so much for your comment. The Word of God has the answer to all of life's questions. Share the website with other men.
God's Best

Marshaun 2020
10/17/2012 21:21

This is EXACTLY the confirmation I needed. Thanks for the wonderful references too!!! May GOD continue to bless you and your ministry!!

Kings and Priests
10/19/2012 14:33

Praise the Lord
I am glad this post help you. God is good and always a ever present help. Share the website with other men.
God's Best

aveolive
03/01/2013 08:49

Thanks so much for this word. I definitely didn't feel like I was praying correctly. I just didn't believe that God's expectation was that we beg him for what we need done in our lives. Thanks such a great tutorial in prayer.

Kings and Priests
03/02/2013 00:46

Praise the Lord!
Glad that this teaching on prayer helped you. This is something we all have to be aware of when praying. Share with others.
God's Best
Kings and Priests

kevin
07/04/2014 15:34

Thank you for the much needed confirmation that begging God for anything is fruitless! i'm doing an online 'freedom from' type course and several times the author says we must beg God. i let them know that i disagreed and asked for chapter and verse of this erroneous teaching. begging is not faith; thank you!

Kings and Priests
07/05/2014 12:20

Praise the Lord!
Thank you for your comment. The Word of God is for doctrine, reproof, correction, for instruction in righteousness (2Timothy 3:16). Keep seeking the truth brother. Keep reading the blogs and listen to some of the 'hour of power'.
God's Best
Kings and Priests

Tineka
07/13/2014 04:04

Hi there, thank you so much for. I am a care group leader and have tried to explain the above to my young guys in the group (22yrs) about being in self-control of your emotions in terms of weeping and begging, especially when praying for healing over others as I heard the one saying "I beg you God". I tried telling them that it is God's will already. I have heard that I offended one of them and he is upset with me. What can I give him to read with regards to standing boldy but humble before God when healing someone else?

Kings and Priests
07/20/2014 22:42

Praise the Lord!
Thank you for your comment. You can get books from Kenneth E. Hagin, he was called by God to teach faith and healing to the Body of Christ. You can also go to my 'hour of power' page and listen to my teachings about healing. Keep sharing the truth, even if there is some offense, the truth is what will set people free (John 8:32).
God's Best